Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
galefrost
Wonsang
Wyrm
bagger1327
monkeyleader
Atalasia
uberdabing
FatLotus
ajeun
DickChang
emmawatsonsboyfriend
Practice
Relambrien
Masci
mBritton
RenegadeTartan
surferjermz
nucloxylon
ShieMonkey
Anonalbe
Teim
oryza
IRSA Stealthbreed
Laudandus
CaptPanda
Cypher
30 posters

[02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration

Cypher
    Cypher

[02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration Empty [02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration

Post by Cypher Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm

What: The Fourth Annual Online Gaming Society LAN Party
    When: Saturday, February 6th; 2:00pm-1:00am (or whenever we get tired)
    Where: UC Connan Room

OGS, in loose association with UC Late Night, presents to you the largest event we do all year. An entire day of gaming, competition, and good-spirited fun. Some of the LAN party's coolest features are:
    • Multiple tournaments and competitions all day long
    • Professional dinner catering by Orient Express
    • a total of $300 worth of prizes, distributed to tournament winners
    • A pair of 50-port switches for latency-free gaming
    • Console gaming on the side (Smash, Rock Band, etc.)
    • Raffle for a large, mysterious super-prize!
    Electicity is taken care of, as we'll be providing giant power-octopuses for connectivity (each participant gets 2 outlets). We're also providing giant switches for everybody to LAN it up with, and have just come into possession of enough ethernet cables re-wire a small country, so don't worry about bringing anything except your machine and games.

The game lineup for that LAN party is rather flexible. Although old standbys like Counterstrike and Starcraft are guarantees, it's important that you mention what games you would like to see at the event when you register! Which brings us to our next point...

REGISTRATION

The Administration really, really recommends that you register for the LAN party ahead of time. Sure, it would be great for us to know exactly how much food we'll need, so we want you to register for our sake, but the skinny is that the Annual LAN Party is a very popular event. Registering ahead of time is the only way to guarantee yourself a seat at the table. Registration is how you have input on what games will be played. Finally, only those who register here will be entered into the raffle (and you do not want to miss your chance for this prize!).

To register, simply reply to this thread! Include a list of games you want to play (and any questions you've got).

To summarize:
    • Bring your own computer (Laptop or tower + monitor)
    • Each person is allocated only 2 power outlets.
    • We provide the ethernet cables and internet.
    • Tournament games will be chosen based on the preferences filled out here.
    • Registration nets you a raffle ticket, reserved seating, and mad skillz.

The competition is over and the results have been posted!
    For all our events, check out the results thread, but don't miss the sidestory thread either.

Last edited by Cypher on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 am; edited 4 times in total
    CaptPanda

[02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration Empty Re: [02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration

Post by CaptPanda Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 am

I'll attend.

Warcraft 3, Counterstrike, and TF2 for me. Possibly League of Legends/Dota as well if popularity for those are high enough. Won't compete in Starcraft but would love to watch other people play since it's such a good game. I'll be there for Melee anyways. Depending on how many people show up we can even do a mini tournament, though I'd imagine it'd be more informal than the other events.

A rough schedule of events with rules for selected games would be useful as things get finalized, though of course it's not something you can provide right now. Seeing as how space might (will?) be a problem, maybe give the ability to request certain seating arrangements. That is, let people sit next to their friends, which while it might be something that could be solved on the day of, I'd imagine it's somewhat of a pain to ask someone to move to accommodate for a group of 3 that just walked in. Seems like this is a yearly event though, so you guys probably have things figured out anyways.

On a related note, if you guys need help setting up or anything, let me know.
    Laudandus
    Laudandus

[02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration Empty Re: [02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration

Post by Laudandus Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I will be hella there, but the only computer game I'm really good at is Civilization IV. It's also one of the only three I have installed, but I can try to get other stuff from other people beforehand.
    IRSA Stealthbreed

Post by IRSA Stealthbreed Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Don't know if this means much since only like 2 ppl here know who I am lol, but I'll be there. I'd love to see (and compete in) Warcraft III (the actual RTS game) and League of Legends... and Soul Calibur 2/4 if anyone plays it, but I don't think anyone does, lol...

and I'll probably compete in Melee (and Brawl maybe) and get owned xD

oh, and definitely Starcraft just so I can watch other people play... Razz

Last edited by Stealthbreed on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    oryza
    oryza

Post by oryza Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 pm

I will attend

Warcraft 3, League of Legends for me.

And if other people want to I'd be up for civ4
    Teim

Post by Teim Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:30 pm

I will be there, making sure nothing explodes. And playing whatever. And eating food.
    Anonalbe
    Anonalbe

Post by Anonalbe Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:46 pm

I can play SC, CS, WC3, DoTA, HoN, and any of the console games. I hope I can learn the other stuff playing for the first time... I think I catch on pretty quick :3

Also, I am willing to money match anyone in SS64 or SSBM! Get at me! D:
    Laudandus
    Laudandus

Post by Laudandus Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:22 am

$10 SSBM moneymatch, pound 4 rules, best of 5
    ShieMonkey

Post by ShieMonkey Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 am

My husband and I are in.

WC3, LOL, SF4. SF3. BlazeBlue, TF2.
    nucloxylon

Post by nucloxylon Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 am

wow what's with all the LOL players??? I personally think it's the weakest out of the three i.e. HON, Dota. I might be able to supply 5+ HON or Dota players, so a tournament would be awesome.
    surferjermz

[02.06.10] - OGS Annual LAN Party - info and registration Empty will play

Post by surferjermz Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 am

I'll attend. Will play CS 1.6/source.
    RenegadeTartan

Post by RenegadeTartan Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 am

well depending on school work and weather I should be there.....where to begin.....BF2142 BF2 SF4 FEAR HALO UT3 CS Source (havent played in years lol) ....LFD (left for dead) lan play....more or less I am a FPS player even though i do have NFS4 .....and I do play Soul Cal but on PS3 so if anyone wants to play let me know. OR if anyone still plays DOA4 for xbox 360 or so let me know.......
    mBritton

Post by mBritton Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 am

I'm in. DotA (DOTA PLOX), Counterstrike Source, MW2, TF2, Melee, Brawl, SC (God I'm awful), WC3 (I'm marginally better), L4D, other things if they're cheap and easy to procure (IE Steam Games).

It's actually looking like saturday is a super-not-good day for me to not be working on schoolwork. I'll pop my head in, maybe if i get lucky, but i think i can be counted out as a major person/raffle ticket. Sorry.

Last edited by mBritton on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Masci

Post by Masci Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 am

DOTA, DOTA, DOTA... Pls i have been craving to play it with lanners for such along time. I always play online with friends from home but never knew there were somany people interested
    Relambrien
    Relambrien

Post by Relambrien Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm in. Don't know how much I'll actually play since my netbook is...well, a netbook. But there's Melee, so I'll be there for that.

If I do play anything on the computer, it'll be Starcraft. Unless I actually decide to bring my entire desktop computer over there, which would be an adventure and a half. If I do decide on that, I'll edit my post here with other games I can play.
    Practice

Post by Practice Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Last edited by Practice on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    emmawatsonsboyfriend

Post by emmawatsonsboyfriend Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I'll be there. I intend to play SSBM the whole time.

$10 MM between Sam and Phil? I dare say that sounds hype.

I am all over that large, mysterious super-prize.
    DickChang

Post by DickChang Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Well if Emma Watson's Boyfriend is going, I will too. I'll be playing melee and possibly TF2 or L4D if there is a good number of people doing it. If not, I may be recording melee matches instead.

I'll be accepting money in F-Zero or Wipeout HD.

Oh did I say I'll be accepting money? I meant I'll be accepting money MATCHES. But whatever, its the same difference.
    Practice

Post by Practice Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Last edited by Practice on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonalbe
    Anonalbe

Post by Anonalbe Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Laudandus wrote:$10 SSBM moneymatch, pound 4 rules, best of 5

haha i'm totally up for that :3
    CaptPanda

Post by CaptPanda Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 pm

nucloxylon wrote:wow what's with all the LOL players??? I personally think it's the weakest out of the three i.e. HON, Dota. I might be able to supply 5+ HON or Dota players, so a tournament would be awesome.

I know a lot of people have played Dota for a good 4-5 years. LoL is different enough that it remains interesting for us, whereas Dota is boring to the point that we only enjoy it for nostalgic value. At least for me anyways. LoL is also more newbie friendly (arguably lower skill ceiling, but HoN and LoL are still young enough that it can change quite quickly) so it's easier to drag people into the game.
    ajeun

Post by ajeun Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm coming too!

I would totally be up for LoL or DotA for old times sake though I prefer LoL!

I agree. LoL is more friendly, they really got a the interface down. Also because its free, its easier to get people to play. It also has an interesting persistent summoner aspect that adds another level of strategy. At high level play, LoL is still pretty competitive though.
    FatLotus

Post by FatLotus Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Count me in!

DOTA, DOTA, dota, LoL, tf2. Very Happy

Can't wait.
    emmawatsonsboyfriend

Post by emmawatsonsboyfriend Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 am

Can I tell the greater Pittsburgh smash scene about this?

Or would you prefer to keep it to CMU students?
    CaptPanda

Post by CaptPanda Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 am

Are we drafting teams for the team based games (Dota and its clones, CS, TF2.. etc) or are we supposed to arrive with a full team (of 5?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:59 pm