Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results

Cypher
    Cypher

[04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results Empty [04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results

Post by Cypher Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 am

It looks like the year's final SSBM event is over now. It's taken us a bit of time to get all of the results compiled, but that's only because we've been working really hard to get you guys the full multimedia experience that you deserve! That's right, OGS now has its very own YouTube Channel for your viewing pleasure! Of course, we're not very good with all of this new "technology" that the young kids are using, so videos are a bit jumpy. Also, the sound sped up and slowed down right with the video, so listening to these things kinda caused our ears to bleed (we removed the sound so that you don't have to suffer the same fate).

There was strong performance from CMU's very own crew Problem Solved, whom you've seen on this very forum. These guys dominated both the singles and the doubles tournament. We managed to snag Woody after the event and get his thoughts on whole thing.

He was pretty proud of his crew for taking the gold in both events, predicting that his teammate Sam would end up being the biggest threat. Although Woody felt pretty good 3-1ing Sam in the first match of the Singles winner's finals, things didn't turn out too well for him after that. "Sam came back and 3-1ed me right back, and I was like 'well... damn'". Clearly not one to mince words.

The battles were as intense as always, with the competitors displaying flawless execution and excellent mind-games. The event was as much a good-bye to all our OGS seniors as it was a tournament, and we capped off the event by letting them sign a memorial OGS t-shirt. We'll be keeping the t-shirt with us, and it will be signed by all of our outgoing seniors each year.

This new tradition totally kicks ass.

Doubles:
    1. Exetus/Laudandus (Ting/Sam)
    2. Cobalt/Zelareth (Woody/Mark)
    3. El_Zilcho/Teim (Joey/Bryce)
    4. Anonalbe/Dick (Phil/Dick Chang)
    5. aznpwnbot/jon (Jonathan Pai/Jon)
    5. charles/samir (Charles Tong/Samir)

Singles:
    1. Sam Rohrer (Laudandus)
    2. Woody Thompson (Cobalt)
    3. Alex Ting (Exetus)
    4. Huaxing Bai (galefrost)
    5. Philip Chung (Anonalbe)
    5. Samir Chainani
    7. Kevin Yeh (HeyNivek)
    7. Mark Magsino (Zelareth)
    9. Shil (7)
    9. DickChang
    9. Charles Tong
    9. John Boney (emmawatsonsboyfriend)
    13. Joey Ormaza (El_Zilcho)
    13. Arnie (Irsa)
    13. Igor (Egor)
    13. Eugene Kang (Kyugene)
    17. Michael Chan (Sylar)
    17. Scott (RAPE)
    17. Bryce (Teim)
    17. Jason Deng (Wyrm)
    17. Jimmy Koppel (Darmani)
    17. Will
    17. Rob
    17. Jonathan Pai (AznPwnBot)

[04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results 28433_596065023799_4812766_34433994_1030764_n
    Isn't this just plain awesome? We really want to honor and remember our outgoing seniors, many of whom are some of our best smash players.

Last edited by Cypher on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    CaptPanda

[04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results Empty Re: [04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results

Post by CaptPanda Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm

First of all:

I apologize for what I did in loser's finals. My judgement as a whole was pretty iffy that day because of lack of sleep, and there was the entire pressure of being in loser's finals that made it worse.

My thought process at the time involved the fact that because I had to go to onib, I was going to forfeit regardless, so I really just played it to have a super serious set against Sam. Then first round and he's SDing as jiggs and just more or less playing far worse than he normally does...

But regardless, it was still blatantly wrong of me in hindsight because I'm holding back the tournament and could be seen as being insulting to quite a few people. So again, sorry about that. Won't happen again.

~~~

On the youtube videos, the matches between me and Samir and me and Huaxing are backwards. Samir plays black marth, Huaxing plays blue marth.
    Anonalbe
    Anonalbe

[04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results Empty Re: [04.24.10] - Year's End Melee Battles - results

Post by Anonalbe Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 pm

oh my bad D: i'll change that.
    Laudandus
    Laudandus

Post by Laudandus Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

So Ting, I've discovered that Sheik, not puff, is my pick against FAAAWWWKS. I just die too easily as puff, though I should probably practice the matchup more since at a high level puff/fox is better than sheik/fox. Also, we can have super serious sets whenever via money matches. I like money

Phil, I didn't get to play you in tournament, which sucked. Whenever you're fully healed, we need to have a repeat of that money match.

Awesome final match, and awesome all the other matches too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 pm