Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 2011-2012! Announcements inside!

Relambrien
    Relambrien

Welcome to 2011-2012! Announcements inside! Empty Welcome to 2011-2012! Announcements inside!

Post by Relambrien Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:43 am

Welcome!

Welcome to the Online Gaming Society for the 2011-2012 fall and spring semesters! As many of the old officers have graduated or retired, your new administration consists of the following people (forum names given):

Zelareth
    Relambrien
    CaptPanda
    Master Zam
    superscience890
    melonbox

Forums Update
    Along with the start of a new year and a new set of officers, comes another update to the forums! Big thanks to melonbox for working on this over the summer. We're still not entirely done transitioning over so you might notice a few oddities on some pages; just bear with us and we'll have those ironed out in the coming weeks.

That said, I'm Woody, your vice-president. Pleased to have you! We ask that you read this announcement and the appropriate stickied threads in each forum to get yourself acquainted. If you have any further questions about OGS that aren't worth putting in their own thread, feel free to PM me or Skype me using the buttons on the bottom-left of this post.

So how are these forums going to be used for OGS this year? As before, their primary function will be to announce our events. If you're on our mailing list (and you really should be!), you'll get an email a few days before each event giving you a brief description and a link to the relevant forum thread. You can check out more details and RSVP in the thread. RSVPing comes with perks, so please do it! These threads will be in the Events and Announcements forum. If you want to put together your own event for something, you can do that there as well.

Secondly, the forums help OGS continue to serve our role as a social group for gaming. In the People and Players forum, you'll find "Player finder" threads for a host of games, where people who are interested in a game post their information for others to get in touch with them and play.

CMUken
    Now I have a special announcement for people who might be interested in fighting games like Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom. Last year we went through the process of making a new student organization under the wing of OGS, dedicated to fighting games. Appropriately named "CMUken" after a certain iconic uppercut, the group will host fighting gaming events every Thursday evening this year, attended by members of the entire Pittsburgh fighting game community. You can contact superscience890 or Master Zam here on the forums if you want more information, and I imagine they'll post a thread about it sometime as well. Some games that are likely to be involved are:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
    Melty Blood: Actress Again
    Arcana Heart 3
    Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire

So there you go! Here's to another great year with OGS. Good luck, have fun, and play games!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 pm