Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[02.26.11] - Penny Arcade Child's Play Charity Arcade

Cypher
    Cypher

[02.26.11] - Penny Arcade Child's Play Charity Arcade Empty [02.26.11] - Penny Arcade Child's Play Charity Arcade

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:45 pm

What: An open gaming arcade featuring lightgun games, fighting games, and fun arcade games
    When: Saturday, February 26th starting at 12:00PM
    Where: University Center Conan Room

That's right, we're hosting an arcade! We're featuring a lot of games at this event, including, but not limited to:
    • Marvel vs Capcom 3
    • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    • Super Smash Brothers
    • Rock Band 3
    • House of the Dead: Overkill
    • Mario Kart Wii
    • Super Street Fighter IV
    • Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (this game has a lightgun as big as your torso!)
    • Raiden Fighters
    As you can see, we're going to have fighting games, Time Crisis style lightgun games, jet-fighter shmups, rhythm games, and more! There's going to be a ton of stations and a ton of new games, alongside throwbacks to your arcade childhood. Of course, we're doing it arcade-style, so you're going to have to buy tickets in order to play the games ($1 = 5 tickets), kinda like getting tokens at your old arcade. The good news is that, aside from every ticket getting you multiple plays of your favorite games, every ticket also enters you into our raffle! You can win a copy of Halo: Reach, a copy of Halo: ODST, 12 free months of Xbox LIVE, thousands of "Microsoft Points" to buy content on your Xbox 360, and some unique Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom apparel that you don't want to miss! Overall, we've got almost a dozen prizes, so there's a high chance that you'll win one.

Of course, the Charity Arcade isn't for us. Absolutely all proceeds from the event will go to charity. Many of you have heard of Child's Play, and if you haven't I recommend heading over to www.ChildsPlayCharity.org to check them out. To date, the charity has donated over 7 million dollars to help less-fortunate children in over 70 hospitals. It's run by the swell guys over at Penny Arcade, and if you have any reservations or doubts as to what Child's Play means to the video game industry, or what how it impacts you guys, then I strongly urge you to watch this five-minute video by James Portnow, Daniel Floyd and Allison Theus (the crew of Extra Credits). In fact, even if you already know everything about the charity, I strongly encourage you to watch that video. Child's Play is the most fundamentally, elementally good thing that the video game industry is a part of.

Individual gamers like us can really make a difference, so lets do just that.

Last edited by Cypher on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wyrm

[02.26.11] - Penny Arcade Child's Play Charity Arcade Empty Re: [02.26.11] - Penny Arcade Child's Play Charity Arcade

Post by Wyrm Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 am

Awesome event guys.

Child's play is one of the few charities which I can back 100%, especially since their userbase is one which most consider to be uncharitable. I'll hope to be there to play some games too.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:25 pm